Creative Europe MEDIA Desk Vlaanderen
Frank Herman: firstname.lastname@example.org
T 0496 54 74 34 of 02 553 41 68.
Creative Europe Culture Desk Vlaanderen
T 02 553 06 59
Official information sourcehttps://culture.ec.europa.eu/creative-europe
The Creative Europe programme aims to support the European audiovisual, cultural and creative sector.
About the Creative Europe Programme
Creative Europe is the European Commission's flagship programme to support the culture and audiovisual sectors.
The Creative Europe programme 2021-2027 has a budget of € 2.44 billion, compared to €1.47 billion of the previous programme (2014-2020). Creative Europe invests in actions that reinforce cultural diversity and respond to the needs and challenges of the cultural and creative sectors.
The main objectives of the programme are to
- safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity and heritage
- increase the competitiveness and economic potential of the cultural and creative sectors, in particular the audiovisual sector
The novelties of the programme will contribute to the recovery of these sectors, reinforcing their efforts to become more inclusive, more digital and environmentally more sustainable.
The Creative Europe programme is divided in 3 strands.
Initiatives promoting and enhancing artistic and cultural cooperation at European level.
Actions encouraging the competitiveness, innovation and sustainability of the European audiovisual sector.
Initiatives promoting innovative actions and collaboration across the audiovisual and cultural sectors.
Novelties of the Creative Europe programme
The main novelties of the programme are
- stronger emphasis on transnational creation and on innovation
- easier access to funding through higher co-financing rates (greater contribution levels from Creative Europe for projects)
- emphasis on supporting EU-level cooperation to make the European audiovisual sector more globally competitive
- mobility scheme for artists and professionals
- actions that target the needs of specific creative sectors, such as music, architecture, and cultural heritage
Eligibility for funding
The Creative Europe programme is open to cultural and creative organisations from EU Member States, as well as non-EU countries. Subject to certain conditions, countries of the European Economic Area, candidate/potential candidate countries and European Neighbourhood Policy countries can also participate in the programme.
Find more information about eligible countries, as well as in the guidelines of each specific call for proposals.
The application process
Organisations interested in applying for opportunities can find out more in the individual pages of each strand of the programme (listed above).
More detailed information on the application process will be available in due time on the website of the European Education and Culture Executive Agency, as well as in the calls for proposal section. Applicants can also be supported by the Creative Europe Desks.
The programme will build on and bring together the former Culture, MEDIA and MEDIA Mundus Programmes (2007-2013).
What is it about?
- Enhancing the cultural area shared by Europeans
- Financial support in the development, distribution and promotion of European Union film and audiovisual industries.