Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI)
Description Go to funding source website
The Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme is a financing instrument at EU level to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
Structure and funding
As of January 2014, these programmes form the three axes of EaSI. They support:
- the modernisation of employment and social policies with the PROGRESS axis;
- job mobility with the EURES axis;
- access to micro-finance and social entrepreneurship with the Microfinance and Social Entrepreneurship axis.
The total budget for 2014-2020 is EUR 919,469,000 in 2013 prices.
- Strengthen ownership of EU objectives and coordination of action at EU and national level in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion.
- Support the development of adequate social protection systems and labour market policies.
- Modernise EU legislation and ensure its effective application.
- Promote geographical mobility and boost employment opportunities by developing an open labour market.
- Increase the availability and accessibility of microfinance for vulnerable groups and micro-enterprises, and increase access to finance for social enterprises.
In pursuing these objectives, EaSI will:
- pay particular attention to vulnerable groups, such as young people,
- promote equality between women and men,
- combat discriminations,
- promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment,
- guarantee adequate and decent social protection,
- combat long-term unemployment,
- fight against poverty and social exclusion.
- EaSI annual work programme
- EaSI monitoring good practices in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion
- Awarded grants
- EaSI open public consultations
- EaSI performance monitoring reports